Just got back from Central Java, Indonesia. Went to Magelang (Borobudur), Dieng Plateau & Yogyakarta with 12 extraordinary friends.
Few simple summary first:
- Avoid Aerobus – will move only when full – choose Skybus instead for next trip
- Jogja Airport sucks – not friendly immigration officers – racist
- The weather was not great during the trip – beyond our will – but still able to enjoy the trip
- Magelang is super great – viewing Borobudur from the small hill was a great experience
- Borobudur entrance fee is USD12 for foreigner!
- Angklok Mee at Wonosobo is super delicious
- Dieng is very cold
- The view of Mount Sindoro & Mt Sumbing was a great experience
- It was raining in Dieng 🙁
- Purwacheng was our official drink at Dieng, but teh hangat is still the favorite
- Water heater at Flamboyant homestay needs to be repaired!
- There were many ‘Dewa‘ & ‘Dewi‘ in Dieng previously 😀
- Dieng is a beautiful place – but we should go there in June – August
- Pak Sumar, the guide at Dieng is cool
- Avoid Berlian Hotel! In fact avoid many hotels in Jogja. The aircond is not cold. But if you pay peanut you’ll get monkey
- Batik at Batik Rumah is cheap not so cheap (Edited after correction by Shopping Experts) 😀
- Bebek goreng (fried duck) at Jogja (can’tr remember the name of the restaurant) was delicious
- Having diarrhoea during such trip sucks!
- Malioboro is a shopping heaven for many – if you go with wife, spend extra days for shopping – still it won’t be ever enough
- View of Mt Merapi from Kaliurang should have been great if not because of the weather.
- The bus service that we chartered with its two drivers were great! Always on time. Courteous. Clean bus!
- Mas Mukti was a great company. I hope he knows why we laugh at Kue P***s by now
- AirAsia always late! Nasi Lemak Pak Nasser is no longer delicious.
- It was a great trip nonetheless 😀
Pictures later guys! 😀